Friday 18 June 2010

Exam Week – it's way worse for the parents

It’s been a bit of a stressy week – the dreaded exam week. I am exhausted having ‘virtually’ revised for and sat over 25 papers. Thankfully the boys (13 and 14) were totally unphased by the whole event – probably because I was there in spirit doing all the hard stuff.


I feel as if a weight has been lifted from my shoulders, knowing that today is the last day. No more pressure. Wish I could be as cool as our kids. It’s the way we were brought up: to study hard, be on the ball, cover the angles, go to bed early, do practise papers. You remember those days, don't you?


It is different nowadays. The kids seem more relaxed. It’s no big deal. Of course, we have gently encouraged revision, in line with booklets from the school. So their laid back approach must be down to our adopted parenting skills (when we remember!). And I am glad the boys are laid back. It is so easy to take it all too seriously. I am going to take a leaf out of their book when exam week comes round again.

No comments: